- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 medium red cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons flour
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup dry red wine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add in sliced apples and onion; saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add in shredded cabbage and vinegar; mix to combine and simmer over medium-low heat.
- In a bowl mix the brown sugar and flour; add into the cabbage mixture, then add in the wine; mix to combine.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes or until the cabbage is tender.
- Season with salt and lots of black pepper.