Found online; posting for ZWT6 (Germany)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat eggs until very light.
- 2Gradually add sugar and beat 15 minutes at high speed until mixture resembles a soft meringue, this is very important; don't skimp on time.
- 3Add anise oil and blend gently.
- 4SIft together flour and baking soda and add to egg mixture at low speed Cover bowl tightly for 15 minutes.
- 5Divide dough into thirds and roll each piece into an 8 inch square a little more than 1/4 inch thick.
- 6While working with one keep others covered.
- 7Let stand 1 minute.
- 8Dust springerle mold with flour and press into dough.
- 9Cut cookies apart.
- 10Place on lightly floured surface and let stand overnight.
- 11Grease baking sheet and sprinkle with anise seeds.
- 12Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 13Brush excess flour from cookies, moisten lightly with water and place on baking sheets.
- 14Bake about 20 minutes and store tightly covered.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Springerle Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.3
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 74.4 mg
- Sodium 156.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 47.1 g
- Protein 7.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: