Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
German mac and cheese, from www.quick-german-recipes.com
- 3 cups cooked spaetzle noodles (12 oz. dry Spaetzle)
- 2 -3 cups shredded emmenthaler cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter (or olive oil)
- 2 small onions (sliced)
- salt and pepper
- •Preheat oven to 325°F.
- •Heat butter (or oil) in skillet and sautee onions until tender, about 5 minutes.
- •Butter casserole dish. Begin by layering with 1/3 of the spaetzle, season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat, until you have layered 3 times.
- •Top with the sauteed onions.
- •Bake, uncovered, about 20 - 30 minutes, or until bubbly and slightly browned on top.
Simple, tasty comfort food. I really enjoyed this dish and how easy it was to put together. The noodles weren't your traditional spaetzle noodles, but they were called spaetzle so I went with it! The emmentaler was terrific in this. Made for ZWT6. Thanks Az G! :)