Recipe by Bekah_Goertzen
A really good traditional Mennonite dish. Eat with watermelon. Could be eaten as a snack or dessert.
Top Review by foodtvfan
These roll kuchen cookies are delicious. They brought back a lot of childhood memories of the Polish equivalent to this recipe. The sour cream makes a lovely tender dough. I made half the recipe and now I know next time, and there will be a next time, that I should have made the whole recipe!! They are disappearing quickly. Everyone loves them. Will try eating them with watermelon when it is available.
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix and make a soft but not sticky dough.
- Roll and cut into oblong pieces.
- Make a cut in the centre (but not from edge to edge).
- Take an end and pull through the middle.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Let cool.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Eat with watermelon.