Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Bowle is a popular summertime punch served in Germany. This kid friendly version is alcohol free. Use the straws as picks to stab at the pieces of fruit.
- 250 g sweet fresh cherries, pitted
- 2 (314 ml) cans mandarin oranges, including their juice
- 2 liters orange juice
- 1 liter bubbling mineral water (such as Perrier)
- ice cube
- 15 -20 twisty plastic soda straws
- Place pitted and stemmed cherries into a large clear glass punch bowl.
- Add the mandarin oranges, including their canning juices.
- Pour in the orange juice and the mineral water.
- Add ice cubes and serve immediately.
- Tip: When making your ice cubes, you may want to make the cubes out of orange juice or place a mandarin orange or cherry into each ice cube slot, then fill with a little water and freeze.
Easy to make, and it tastes great, too! I used red and green marischno cherries (instead of fresh ones) to add a holiday touch. If you'd like to do the same, just make sure you drain and rinse the green ones so the punch doesn't turn an odd color! I found it makes approx. 1 gallon, for those of you wondering how large of a container to make it in.
This was good, but I think it was missing a little pizzazz. Maybe club soda or 7-up instead of the bubbling mineral water next time?