Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Top the all-American hamburger with sauerkraut and cheese
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 ounces sliced muenster cheese (4 slices)
- 1 cup sauerkraut, well drained
- Heat gas grill to medium or charcoal grill until coals are ash white.
- Meanwhile, shape ground beef into 4 (3/4-inch thick) patties.
- Place patties on grill. Grill, turning once, until cooked through (15 to 18 minutes).
- To serve, place 1 burger on bottom half of bun; top with 1 slice cheese, 1/4 cup sauerkraut and top half of bun. Repeat with remaining ingredients.