This is a recipe that we adapted for our family. Be prepared because we often have to double this recipe! We enjoy this recipe cold or at room temperature, if there is any left! The original recipe did not saute the celery, however, we did not like the texture and cooking the celery, brought out the flavor with the onion and garlic. We added garlic, dill and cayenne because we felt the recipe was "missing" something. I like to use celery salt instead of regular salt because it also adds additional flavor. It is a favorite in our home and enjoyed by our friends and family. I hope you try this recipe and enjoy it as much as we do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups wide egg noodles
- 4 slices bacon, cut in match stick pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt or 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, to taste
- 1/2-1 tablespoon dry dill, to taste
- 1 pinch red cayenne pepper, if desired
- 1Cook noodles according to the package directions.
- 2While the noodles are cooking, saute bacon in a large skillet, until lightly browned.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Reserve 1 Tablespoon of the drippings and saute onion, celery and garlic until tender, not brown.
- 5Stir in the sugar, flour, salt and mustard, dill and pinch of cayenne red pepper, if desired.
- 6Combine water and vinegar, add slowly, stirring constantly to avoid lumps, for about 2-3 minutes, until thickened.
- 7Rinse and drain noodles; add noodles, bacon and parsley to skillet.
- 8Heat and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Dill Noodle Salad
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.4
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 31.3 mg
- Sodium 205.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: