Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is just absolutely delicious! It is rich & chocolately!
Make and share this German Chocolate Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 6 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 lb margarine, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups coconut, flaked and toasted (optional)
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 tablespoons Kahlua
- 1 cup hot water
- Combind flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt & cocoa in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream margarine, & sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs 1 at a time and mix well, scraping down sides of the bowl.
- Add sour cream and mix.
- On low speed, slowly add flour mixture, do not over mix.
- Using a spatula, fold in coconut and chocolate chips.
- Pour into 3 to 4 greased loaf pans, smoothing out the tops. (drop the pan onto a flat surface a few times to release any air bubbles).
- Bake at 325 for about 40 to 50 mins or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- (for Glaze).
- Cream together glaze ingredients, mixing until it coats the back of a spoon.
- Slowly pour glaze over the cooled bread, allowing excess to run down the sides.