This recipe is just absolutely delicious! It is rich & chocolately!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 lb margarine, softened
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups coconut, flaked and toasted (optional)
- 1Combind flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt & cocoa in a bowl and set aside.
- 2Cream margarine, & sugar until light and fluffy.
- 3Add eggs 1 at a time and mix well, scraping down sides of the bowl.
- 4Add sour cream and mix.
- 5On low speed, slowly add flour mixture, do not over mix.
- 6Using a spatula, fold in coconut and chocolate chips.
- 7Pour into 3 to 4 greased loaf pans, smoothing out the tops. (drop the pan onto a flat surface a few times to release any air bubbles).
- 8Bake at 325 for about 40 to 50 mins or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 9(for Glaze).
- 10Cream together glaze ingredients, mixing until it coats the back of a spoon.
- 11Slowly pour glaze over the cooled bread, allowing excess to run down the sides.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Chocolate Bread
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 872.3
- Calories from Fat 387
- Total Fat 43.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 101.4 mg
- Sodium 745.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 112.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 66.4 g
- Protein 11.9 g