Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Creamy, delicious take on egg salad. Great on Wasa crackers.
- 4 large eggs, hard boiled, cooled, & peeled
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons coriander or 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 2 tablespoons scallions, minced (white part only)
- 1⁄4 cup ground walnuts
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- In a small bowl, mash the eggs with the butter.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
Loved the fresh herbs.I really enjoyed the butter in this-it's much better than mayo.I do agree with other posters that a little "zing" is needed,so after tasting it I squeezed some fresh lemon juice over it-really brought it to a 5 star recipe.Will definitely make this recipe again.
Great as written, though I like it even better on toast wedges with a bit of water cress on top. Thank you for sharing!
Really nice, very fresh-tasting due to all the herbs, egg salad. It's fancy enough for company. There is slightly less zing in it than I like, though, so the next time I'll be adding some lemon juice, some freshly ground black pepper, or some cayenne. I will definitely be making this again and again.