Recipe by Steph_40135
From Ontario Chicken Lover (Wing Magazine). The picture looked so scrumptious I had to try it. If you think it is strange, or you won't like this (as I thought) I would recommend trying this anyway. My girls gobbled it up, and my husband loved it as well. We served it with white rice.
Top Review by Kting
This is great! Thanks so much for posting this recipe. My (picky) 3 year old son told me he wanted "chicken and peaches" for dinner so I searched Zaar and made your dish with chicken thighs. We both loved it. The chicken was so tender and the peaches a great idea! My son asked me when I could make this again for him. Very SOON! My advice to folks: don't skip the vinegar (we used Apple Cider vinegar), it really adds to the flavor! Served it with herb & garlic boxed rice pilaf. Now I've mixed it all up and can't wait to have the leftovers.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, bone-in or 8 chicken thighs
- 118.29 ml flour, seasoned with
- salt and pepper, to taste (remove and reserve 2 TBSP for sauce)
- 29.58 ml olive oil or 29.58 ml canola oil
- 28 fluid ounce cansliced peaches
- 236.59 ml orange juice
- 44.37 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml vinegar
- 4.92 ml dried basil leaves or 29.58 ml chopped fresh basil
- 4.92 ml fresh ginger, minced
- 4.92 ml nutmeg
- 1-2 clove garlic, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Dredge chicken in seasoned flour, shake off and lay on wire rack to dry, abot 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in deep sided saute pan, until it is quite hot.
- Cook chicken, turning to brown evenly, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove chicken to paper towel to drain.
- There should be 1 TBSP of oil in pan, if not, add a little more.
- Reduce heat to medium and whisk reserved peach and orange juices until smooth.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, cook 3 minutes.
- Add chicken to pan, cover and continue to cook until chicken is longer pick in center, about 25 minutes.
- Add peach slices and heat through.