Recipe by ChrissyVas80
This was just great! I was too tired to cook so hubby made dinner. I'm glad he did. This is his creation he came up with some what on his own. I'm so proud! The beauty of this recipe is that you can make it for one person without having to figure out how to cut the recipe down. Or you can take the left overs to work the next day. Enjoy!
Top Review by Gabby LSW
Made this for dinner last night. Very easy to put together but the spices just didn't do it for us. It was our first experience with Garam Masala. DH kept saying there was too much pepper (he picked up on it in the Garam Masala). I am going to try it again in a few weeks with less seasoning. I'm sure that if you love the garam masala, you'll love this recipe. Made for Fall PAC 2009.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 slices swiss cheese
- 2 slices ham
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- The boneless skinless chicken breasts must be defrosted. With a meat tenderizer beat that chicken down with your pent up frustrations from work, driving, etc. (But don't over do it. You still want to be able to cook it).
- After squishing the chicken down to a thin piece of meat. Dip it in the olive oil to get a thin coating of oil.
- Sprinkle 1 TSP of your Garam Masala or other favorite herbs and spices all over the meat.
- Next take one slice of swiss and one slice of ham and place it on the meat.
- Roll your meat up like a large taquito. Use toothpicks if you need to hold it together.
- Repeat the steps above for the other piece of meat. If it's just for one person skip this step and move to below.
- Place on the "grill" and cook for about 35 or until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Serve with brown rice and veggies or a side of your choice.