Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 20 mins
KFC chicken recipe
Make and share this Genuine Kfc Secret Recipe Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons msg (Accent)
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 chicken, cut up
- oil, for basting
- Mix all dry ingredients, except breadcrumbs, well in a large bowl.
- Dip chicken pieces in beaten eggs.
- Then turn them over in regular bread crumbs.
- Finally plunge them in the flour-spices mixture.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken in a tray and cover with foil (shiny side out).
- Cook 40 minutes.
- Remove the foil then cook for another 40 minutes.
- Baste lightly with oil 5 minutes before the end.
- Let stand 5 minutes and serve.
Excellent answer to a nasty craving. I cut the recipe in half, skipped the msg and used just one egg. And I raised the temp to 375Â° after reviewing a few other similar recipes.
This turned out very tasty. Thanks for posting.