Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this one in the August 2004 issue of Cooking Light and wanted to save. Prepare the pasta while the seafood sauce cooks and you can have dinner in a short time. Don't let the long list of ingredients scare you off!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup canned clams, undrained (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tarragon, chopped or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 lb scallops
- 5 cups hot cooked gemelli pasta (about 6 ounces uncooked short tube-shaped pasta)
- 5 tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper, cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic and cook for an additional 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Stir in wine, crushed red pepper and diced tomatoes, bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add clams and next 6 ingredients (through scallops. Cook for 3 minutes or until shrimp are done.
- Serve seafood mixture over pasta and sprinkle with cheese.