Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yet another variation, with very little oil and no bread. A Volumetrics Weight Control recipe.
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups vegetable juice cocktail
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce (to taste)
- 1 3⁄4 cups finely diced cucumbers (about 1 large)
- 1 cup finely diced bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup minced cilantro or 1⁄3 cup parsley
- 1⁄4 cup minced green onion
- lemon wedges, cilantro (optional) or parsley sprig (optional)
- Combine the first five ingredients in a large pitcher. Stir in the remaining ingredients except garnishes. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours and up to 3 days. Serve in large goblets with desired garnish.