Shrimp cocktail gets a Latin makeover. This is from the Rachael Ray show.
Make and share this Gazpacho Shrimp Cocktail recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lime, juice of
- extra virgin olive oil, for liberal drizzling
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro leaf
- 2 garlic cloves, cracked from skin, divided
- 1 cup spanish roasted piquillo pepper, available in most markets (1 cup of roasted red peppers, packed and drained, may be substituted)
- 1 (28 ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes (diced or crushed)
- 1 small yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 seedless cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery ribs, from heart chopped
- 2 slices crusty bread, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon medium hot sauce or 1 tablespoon spicy hot sauce, adjust to your own taste
- 16 extra-large shrimp, peeled, deveined and cooked (look for them at the seafood counter)
- Place lime juice, EVOO, parsley, cilantro, garlic, peppers, tomatoes, onion, cucumber, celery and bread in a food processor.
- Blend for 2-3 minutes until all chopped and combined.
- Season with hot sauce, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve gazpacho out of martini glasses with the shrimp hanging off the side for dipping and dunking.