Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My husband loves gazpacho and the best he has ever eaten was served in a glass. A friend gave me this recipe and it is exactly what my husband wanted. I now make it a few times during the summer. When I serve this as a drink ( in a glass ) I add one slice of lemon. When I serve this as a soup ( in a bowl ) I add some small pieces diced cucumber and tomatoes to the soup.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, largely chopped
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 thick slices French bread, crust trimmed and torn into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar (or red wine vinegar )
- salt and pepper
- Puree all ingredients in a food processor until smooth and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. ( can be made one day ahead ).
- Serve in a glass or serve in a bowl.