Recipe by Francille
Appetizer with a punch! SOURCE: The Texas Experience & Texas Blossoms, published by the Richardson Woman's Club.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil or 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped ripe olives (with liquid)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies (with liquid)
- 2 -3 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 4 -5 green onions, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend oil and vinegar.
- Add salt, garlic salt and pepper.
- Mix with olives and liquid, green chiles and liquid, tomatoes and onions.
- Chill several hours for flavors to mix.
- Serve cold with tortilla chips.
- Variation: Add 3 or 4 peeled, pitted and diced ripe avocados at serving time.