Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great with BBQ on a hot summer afternoon. Liquid salad, packed with vitamins. (we have been known to add a little vodka zing! Nummmmy!!) from Canadian Living mag.
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped peeled English cucumber
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sweet green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- alfalfa sprout
- In food processor or blender, process tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper, onion and garlic until smooth.
- Stir in tomato juice, vinegar, dillweed,hot pepper sauce, and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until chilled.
- Pour into glasses, garnish with alfalfa sprouts.
I made this like the recipe says, only I added more garlic, and I used fresh dill. I then cut up more tomatoes and cukes, diced some zucchini and celery, and served it as a soup. Served it well chilled. It was excellent!! Very good for the hot days of summer! Thanks, Dorothy!
This was yummy! I made it just as directed except I used tomato juice that was salt-free to lower the sodium. I am pregnant and this was a great breakfast drink for me. You can just taste the vitamins you are getting. I'll definately make this again. I also liked the idea of serving it as a cold soup.
I love gazpacho and this is my new favorte recipe. I put all of the ingredients in my smoothie machine and gave it a whirl. Great. I added one extra garlic clove and a couple more dashes of hot sauce.