Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I make this often with my summer's crop of green and yellow beans ---for this recipe I really don't bother to measure so really the exact amounts do not matter, however I have posted the amounts that I I think is pretty much close to what I use --- I usually have my beans already steamed and stored in the refrigerator until ready to use for this recipe, do not make this using uncooked raw beans they must be cooked firstly, prep time does not include pre-steaming the beans or peeling the garlic cloves.
Top Review by Bergy
This is a super good recipe. I cut the recipe back to two serving and used 4 very large garlic cloves coarsely chopped and 3/4 tsp of chili flakes. Definitely a do again often recipe Thanks Kitten for added great flavor to our dinner.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional or to taste)
- 1 head garlic (peeled, then thinly slice all the cloves)
- 1 lb fresh steamed green beans (pat steamed beans dry using a paper towel)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste) or 1⁄4 teaspoon white salt (or to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet melted the butter with oil over medium heat.
- Add in the sliced garlic and crushed chili flakes; cook stirring for about 4 minutes or just until the garlic is just lightly browned (do not burn the garlic).
- Add in steamed beans and toss until heated through.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Remove to a bowl and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.