Recipe by Ceezie
This is a simple chicken dish to make in your crockpot, but will fill up the hungry tummies at your dinner table. I have yet to try it just putting it here for safekeeping.
Top Review by I'mPat
I scaled back for 2 serves and used 2 Maryland cuts (thigh and leg kept intact), removed excess fat but left the skin on and allowed 4 to 5 hours for cooking and at 5 hours they were perfectly cook and lovely and moist, served over rice with some of the sauce from the pot and some steamed mixed vegies, thank you Ceezie, made for Everyday A Holiday tag game.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken pieces
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon soda or 1⁄4 cup lime soda
- 2 -3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper