Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a simple chicken dish to make in your crockpot, but will fill up the hungry tummies at your dinner table. I have yet to try it just putting it here for safekeeping.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken pieces
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon soda or 1⁄4 cup lime soda
- 2 -3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place chicken in crockpot/slow cooker.
- Mix all remaining ingredients together and pour over chicken.
- Cook on low setting for 6 - 8 hours.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
I scaled back for 2 serves and used 2 Maryland cuts (thigh and leg kept intact), removed excess fat but left the skin on and allowed 4 to 5 hours for cooking and at 5 hours they were perfectly cook and lovely and moist, served over rice with some of the sauce from the pot and some steamed mixed vegies, thank you Ceezie, made for Everyday A Holiday tag game.
This was good, and freezes very well too. It was a little more tangy than I was expecting. I will definitely make this again, but will cut back on the amount of brown sugar. Thanks for posting, Ceezie.
This was the worst chicken I ever had. It made the whole house stink and it wasn't even ediable. I threw it out