Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A nice alternative to "old stand-by" side dishes.
Make and share this Garlic-Spiked Broccoli and Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 2-3 clove garlic, minced
- 473.18 ml sliced button mushrooms or 473.18 ml cremini mushrooms
- 946.36 ml chopped broccoli
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and saute 3 minutes, until mushrooms release juice.
- Add broccoli and rosemary and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
This is a delicious side dish. The flavors all melded together very well, usually it has been my experience that Rosemary usually over powers but this time it didn't. I will definately be making this again. Thanks for sharing.
I thought this was a very nice side dish. The rosemary was very subtle, but really makes the dish. I also added some toasted pine nuts, which added a little crunch and nice nutty flavor. I'll be making this again.
Delicious! Very easy and forgiving too. I didn't have rosemary so I used a little basil and thyme. I accidentally did a tbsp instead of modifying to a tsp. for dried, so that explains why there was so much spice, but it actually still came out really great! I will make this again for sure.
At first it seemed like the garlic burned in the oil, maybe I had the heat too high, but the flavor was really perfect. It gave a pleasant roasted taste even though it was pan fried.
I used frozen broccoli because that's what I had...I thought the texture came out perfect. Still enough moisture, crunch, and not soggy or overcooked at all.