Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from the wonderful little Totally Garlic Cookbook by Helene Siegel and Karen Gillingham. My swap partner for the Fall Cookbook Swap 2008, KGCOOK, sent it to me along with many other great cookbooks.
- 10 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (optional)
- coarse salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 loaf crusty bread, baquette preferably
- In a medium bowl combine garlic, parsley, and olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes if using.
- Tear baquette into bite sized pieces and use for dipping into salsa. This could also be served with grilled chicken or other meats.
This is delicious garlic salsa! If you love garlic, you should love this. It is wonderful served on crusty bread like I served it with our Italian meal. Thanks for sharing!
I just finished making this and gave it a little taste test. It was good, but I expect it will be great once all the flavors marry.
I plan on serving it with sliced Artisan Bread & sliced tomatoes. It will be great and will bring back fond memories of this lovely garlic pesto we used to buy at the farmers market in Germany.
Thanks for sharing.