1/1 Photo of Garlic Prawn Risotto
** Poppy **'s Note:
A quick and easy risotto
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 225 g peas
- 120 g zucchini, thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron thread
- 250 g arborio rice
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 225 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lemon, juice and rind of
- 3 cups fish stock or 3 cups vegetable stock
- 300 g cooked prawns, peeled,tails intact
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1Blanch peas and zucchini in boiling water for 1 minute, then drain, refresh under cold water and drain again.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Heat oil in a large frypan, add onion and saffron, and cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes or until onion is softened but not coloured.
- 4Add the rice, garlic and mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- 5Add lemon rind and a third of the stock and simmer, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- 6Repeat twice by separately adding the remaining thirds of stock.
- 7Add prawns, blanched vegetables and lemon juice, and cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- 8Stir in parsley and season.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Prawn Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (489 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 446.7
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 96.2 mg
- Sodium 707.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 23.4 g