Recipe by ** Poppy **
A quick and easy risotto
Top Review by Scrapbook Lori
This was a good recipe. The only changes that we made were adding parmesan for abit of flavor, and we did not use the saffron threads. I agree with the other review regarding the flavor of the peas in the dish. I feel it took away abit from the dish. Thank you for posting
- 225 g peas
- 120 g zucchini, thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron thread
- 250 g arborio rice
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 225 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lemon, juice and rind of
- 3 cups fish stock or 3 cups vegetable stock
- 300 g cooked prawns, peeled,tails intact
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch peas and zucchini in boiling water for 1 minute, then drain, refresh under cold water and drain again.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frypan, add onion and saffron, and cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes or until onion is softened but not coloured.
- Add the rice, garlic and mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add lemon rind and a third of the stock and simmer, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Repeat twice by separately adding the remaining thirds of stock.
- Add prawns, blanched vegetables and lemon juice, and cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir in parsley and season.