Nikki Kanaki's Note:
I got this recipe from a friend who comes from Vlaidvostock, RUSSIA. This is her mother's recipe for mashed potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel potatoes, cut into large chunks and place in a pot of boiling water.
- 2(Cook potatoes until they can be mashed with a spoon).
- 3Meanwhile brown the onion and the garlic in a small amount of butter.
- 4Strain the potatoes and place back into pot.
- 5(Leave the burner on a low heat).
- 6Add the browned onions and garlic.
- 7Add the sour cream, milk, butter, garlic salt, garlic powder and salt.
- 8Mash all together.
- 9Mash the potatoes until desired"thickness.
- 10"NOTE***Please feel free to use more or less of any of the ingredients to attain desired taste.
- 11NOTE***Using more milk will result in"creamier" mashed potatoes and less milk will result in"chunkier" mashed potatoes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic & Onion Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.3
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 14.2 mg
- Sodium 45.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 3.9 g