Recipe by Nikki Kanaki
I got this recipe from a friend who comes from Vlaidvostock, RUSSIA. This is her mother's recipe for mashed potatoes.
Top Review by JustJanS
These potatoes were OK, not fantastic, just good mashed potatoes. I think I like the flavour of roasted garlic in my garlic potatoes, but these were good with our Dill Chicken Breasts recipe #72263 last night.
- 907.18 g russet potatoes
- 1 medium yellow onion (chopped)
- 3 clove garlic (minced)
- 44.37 ml sour cream (regular or lite)
- 59.14 ml milk (roughly)
- 29.58 ml butter (or margarine)
- 4.92 ml garlic salt
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel potatoes, cut into large chunks and place in a pot of boiling water.
- (Cook potatoes until they can be mashed with a spoon).
- Meanwhile brown the onion and the garlic in a small amount of butter.
- Strain the potatoes and place back into pot.
- (Leave the burner on a low heat).
- Add the browned onions and garlic.
- Add the sour cream, milk, butter, garlic salt, garlic powder and salt.
- Mash all together.
- Mash the potatoes until desired"thickness.
- "NOTE***Please feel free to use more or less of any of the ingredients to attain desired taste.
- NOTE***Using more milk will result in"creamier" mashed potatoes and less milk will result in"chunkier" mashed potatoes.