Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
DH and I enjoyed this simple, tasty recipe from the June 2008 Bon Appetit.
- 4 pork rib chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 1⁄3 cup white miso (shiro miso)
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided (plus more for drizzling)
- 2 cups baby arugula (packed)
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- Place pork in a shallow dish. Spread garlic thinly on all sides of chops, then spread miso generously over. Sprinkle with Sherry and let stand 5 minutes.
- Heat 1 Tb oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork. Saute until just cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, combine arugula and bell pepper in medium bowl. Add 2 Tb oil and vinegar; toss to coat. Season salad with salt and pepper.
- Place one pork chop on each of 4 plates. Serve with salad; drizzle with any pan juices and more oil, if desired.