Recipe by Weizenman
This recipe comes from Valencia, Spain. And is used to complement a variety of dishes such as grilled lamb, fried calamaris, rice, etc.
Top Review by Cinnamon girl
Outstanding! This recipe is exactly what I was looking for - a rich, creamy, delicious aioli I could make with ingredients already in my cupboard. I used a stick blender which cut the prep time down by almost half. Now that I know how easy it is to make at home I'll never buy aioli again!
- 2 -4 minced garlic cloves (to your taste)
- 1 -2 egg yolk (let the eggs warm to room temp)
- 3⁄4 cup light olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 pinches salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, add the garlic, and the egg yolks.
- Using a hand mixer on medium speed with only one beater, slowly add the olive oil to the egg mixture, beating until it forms a very thick emulsion.
- Continue adding the oil slowly until you have as much of this mayonnaise as you like.
- Just before you finish, mix in the salt.
- This mayonnaise is excellent on grilled meats, fried calamaris.