Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
For garlic lovers, add more butter if desired, can also add chopped chives
- 6 medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch chucks
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In large saucepan cook potatoes in 2 inches boiling water, covered, about 10 minutes until tender; drain thoroughly, then shake potatoes over low heat 1 to 2 minutes to dry thoroughly.
- Mash potatoes with potato masher or beat with electric hand mixer; reserve.
- Place milk, butter and garlic in small saucepan; set over medium-low heat and simmer until heated through, beat into potatoes until thoroughly mixed and fluffy.
- Mix in additional milk, if necessary, to reach desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
Good mashed potatoes! Simple and tasty. Thanks ChefOnTheMoon for sharing the recipe. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.
I added about 4 tbsp of sour cream to this and it really made it creamy. This is a really good recipe. Thank you Chefonthemoon for a really good recipe.