Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Updated my old favorite to how I currently make them - healthier and tastier, in my opinion.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled and chunked
- 3 -6 garlic cloves, peeled (or 3/8 - 3/4 t garlic powder)
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt (or 1 c sour cream)
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Drop the potatoes and garlic into boiling water. Cook until potatoes fall apart when pierced by a fork, 10 - 20 minutes.
- Drain when done; do not rinse.
- Mash the potatoes and garlic.
- Using an electric beater (this makes them creamy), blend in cheese, yogurt, and milk. When of desired consistency, add salt and pepper. Taste; add more of either as desired. If it's not garlicky enough, add garlic powder 1/8 t at a time.
Good and garlicky with a yummy cheese flavor. We enjoyed them