Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
You would never know that this recipe is from Cooking Light. It is so full of flavour. Serve as an appetizer with cocktail forks. For a main course add 1/2 cup Fat free Carnation milk when reducning the sherry and cook another 2 minutes; add remaining ingredients and serve on angel hair pasta.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs raw shrimp, peeled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add pepper and garlic; sauté 30 seconds.
- Add shrimps and salt; sauté 3 minutes;remove from skillet.
- Add sherry,parsley and Old Bay seasoning.
- Cook to reduce for 1 minutes.
- Return shrimps to skillet and toss to coat.
These are fantastic shrimp. Used white wine instead of sherry, since I had an open bottle, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. Served with gluten free pasta for a great dinner. I will make these again. Made for ZWT5 Groovy GastroGnomes.
DH made this and said it was so easy, but I ate it and it IS delightful! I did add a slight bit more oil and seasonings, but that is just because I like the flavors a lot ( personal preference). Nice recipe...than you for posting!! **Made for ZWT5**
Sage, this was an awesome recipe! Quick & super easy. Made just as posted & this was the favored dish of the night. I almost doubled the sauce ingredients after reading another review but am glad I didn't. Maybe unpeeled shrimp soak up a lot more oil & need some extra liquid but I don't do eyeballs & wiggly things, so luckily the amount of sauce was just right for the peeled shrimp called for. Thanks for a great recipe, Sage! Made & enjoyed for ZWT 5 - Ali Baba's Babes.