Recipe by Juenessa
This recipe is courtesy of Emeril Lagasse. Serve this sauce with a hot, crusty loaf of Italian or French bread, sliced. It's delicious!
Top Review by DDW
I needed some garlic infused olive oil for a recipe so decided to use your method. It turned out perfect and my house smelled of garlic heaven. I promise to try the complete dipping sauce sometime soon.
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- finely grated parmesan cheese or romano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the garlic oil, in a small saucepan, gently heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook until it is fragrant but not colored, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Cover and let steep for 1 hour.
- Strain into a sterilized bottle or jar and discard the garlic.
- Use within 24 hours. (Or store in a sterilized container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.)
- To make the dipping sauce, place the oil at room temperature in a shallow bowl or decorative plate.
- Swirl a drizzle of balsamic decoratively into the center.
- Sprinkle with the pepper flakes, salt, and ground black pepper, and top with a light coating of cheese.
- ***Cook time does not include letting the oil steep for 1 hour.