1/2 Photos of Garlic-Infused Oil and Dipping Sauce
This recipe is courtesy of Emeril Lagasse. Serve this sauce with a hot, crusty loaf of Italian or French bread, sliced. It's delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To make the garlic oil, in a small saucepan, gently heat the oil over medium heat.
- 2Add the garlic and cook until it is fragrant but not colored, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 3Remove from the heat and let cool.
- 4Cover and let steep for 1 hour.
- 5Strain into a sterilized bottle or jar and discard the garlic.
- 6Use within 24 hours. (Or store in a sterilized container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.)
- 7To make the dipping sauce, place the oil at room temperature in a shallow bowl or decorative plate.
- 8Swirl a drizzle of balsamic decoratively into the center.
- 9Sprinkle with the pepper flakes, salt, and ground black pepper, and top with a light coating of cheese.
- 10***Cook time does not include letting the oil steep for 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic-Infused Oil and Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1948.0
- Calories from Fat 1946
- Total Fat 216.2 g
- Saturated Fat 29.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 318.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 1.6 g