Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a simple standard hummus recipe with extra garlic. Easy to make and very yummy. I perfected this from another recipe I found online because I can't find good cheap hummus in the city I just moved to in Canada. All you need to make this is a blender. It can be kept in the refrigerator for 3 days and frozen for one month.
- 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas or 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1⁄4 cup liquid, from can
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tahini (or unsalted peanut butter if you can't find tahini)
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Drain chickpeas and reserve 1/4 of a cup of the liquid. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on low until smooth. Add your own spices or chillies to taste to make infinitely many variations.