Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Tops Market courtesy of National Cattlemen's Beef Association.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 slices red onions (1/2-inch)
- 1 red bell pepper, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup garlic & herb spreadable cheese
- 4 crusty rolls, split, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly shape ground beef into four 1/2" thick patties.
- Place patties in center of grid over medium, ash covered coals. Place onion and bell pepper around patties. Grill patties, uncovered, 11-13 minutes to medium (160) done, until not pink in center and juices show no pink color, turning occasionally. Grill vegetables 13-16 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally. Season burgers and vegetables with salt and pepper. Cut pepper into strips.
- Spread cheese on roll tops and bottoms. Serve burgers in rolls with onion and pepper.
- To Broil: Place patties on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3" to 4" from heat. Place onion and bell pepper around patties. Broil patties 10-12 minutes to medium (160) done, until not pink in center and juices show no pink color, turning once. Broil vegetables until crisp-tender, turning as needed.