Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This herb butter is gloriously speckled with green herbs and garlic with a pinch of sea salt. Spread it on a nice crusty bread, finish a juicy steak with it or slather it on fresh-cooked corn on the cob. This recipe is a bit different from others due to the addition of scallions. It's also very versatile, and other herbs may be added or substituted. Simple and delicious--it can't get any better than that.
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon scallions, chopped or 1 tablespoon chives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place softened butter in a small mixing bowl.
- Mince garlic and add to butter.
- Finely chop herbs and add to butter as well as salt and pepper.
- With the back of a spoon, mash herbs into softened butter and stir thoroughly to combine.
- If you wish to serve it soft, do not refrigerate. Otherwise, it may be refrigerated until ready to use.