Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe source: Southern Living (July 2007)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (or other coarse salt)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Cook beans in boiling water to cover for 3-5 minutes or until crisp tender; drain. Rinse in cold water to stop cooking process; drain.
- In a skillet melt butter and olive oil together over medium high heat.
- Add garlic salt and pepper to pan and saute 4-5 minutes or until heated.
- Add beans and toss to combine, cooking another minute or so or until heated.
Very tasty, and a nice change from plain green beans! Tagged for Rookie Recipes, due 01/26/14.
Perfect recipe!!! Easy and delicious. I used a Tupperware steamer in the microwave instead of boiling the green beans and then followed the recipe. A new favorite! Thanks Ellie.
Loved these. I didn't add the butter- just used the olive oil and they were still very tasty. I love garlic and I love green beans and they taste great together. I did use canned green beans as I didn't have fresh. Will make more often.