Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
The garlic cooks first, the get it all crispy and it is later sprinkled over the potatoes. You will need to use starchy baking potatoes for this, such as Russet. We couldn't stop nibbling on the garlic bits.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 large baking potatoes (approx 12 ounces each)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450°F
- Heat the garlic and oil in a small saucepan over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Strain the garlic from the oil with a small mesh strainer, reserving the infused oil and setting the garlic aside in a dish.
- Cut the potatoes into 1/4-inch sticks (peeled or skins on, your choice).
- In a large bowl, toss the oil, potatoes and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and spread the potatoes onto it in a single layer.
- Bake until golden and crisp, about 35 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from the tray with a metal spatula.
- Toss with parsley, reserved garlic, and additional salt, to taste.
Wonderful "fries"! I love the garlic with these potatoes. So tasty and so easy to make. My family ate them all up in no time! Thanks for sharing! Made for PAC 2007.