2 hrs 33 mins
1 hr 6 mins
1 hr 27 mins
Pink Penguin's Note:
This is a great flavoured dish, serve on a Sunday with all the trimmings or with a salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a pestle and mortar, pound the tarragon with couple pinches of salt & black pepper, 1tbsp oil and 3 cloves of garlic into a paste.
- 2Make a little pocket under the skin of each of the breasts and stuff 1 tsp of the tarragon mixture into it.spread the rest over the meat.
- 3Place the chicken breasts into a plastic food bag with the wine and remaining garlic, thickly sliced, and expel as much air as you can from the bag. Marinate in the fridge for about 1 hour then remove the chicken and pat dry on kitchen paper. Strain the marinade and reserve the garlic but discard the wine.
- 4Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas4.
- 5In a large flameproof casserole dish, heat the remaining olive oil over a medium heat and fry the chicken skin side down until golden, do this in batches if need be. Remove and set aside.
- 6Allow the pan to cool down, then place the herbs and reserved garlic in the dish.Add the chicken skin side up and add the stock.
- 7Cover with greaseproof paper. Place in the oven, then immediately turn the heat down to 140°C/gas 1. Cook for 1 hour 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and there is no pink meat. remove the herb sprigs and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Chicken With Herbes De Provence
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.4
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 94.3 mg
- Sodium 167.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 32.4 g