Prep 1 hr 6 mins
Cook 1 hr 27 mins
This is a great flavoured dish, serve on a Sunday with all the trimmings or with a salad.
Make and share this Garlic Chicken With Herbes De Provence recipe from Food.com.
- In a pestle and mortar, pound the tarragon with couple pinches of salt & black pepper, 1tbsp oil and 3 cloves of garlic into a paste.
- Make a little pocket under the skin of each of the breasts and stuff 1 tsp of the tarragon mixture into it.spread the rest over the meat.
- Place the chicken breasts into a plastic food bag with the wine and remaining garlic, thickly sliced, and expel as much air as you can from the bag. Marinate in the fridge for about 1 hour then remove the chicken and pat dry on kitchen paper. Strain the marinade and reserve the garlic but discard the wine.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas4.
- In a large flameproof casserole dish, heat the remaining olive oil over a medium heat and fry the chicken skin side down until golden, do this in batches if need be. Remove and set aside.
- Allow the pan to cool down, then place the herbs and reserved garlic in the dish.Add the chicken skin side up and add the stock.
- Cover with greaseproof paper. Place in the oven, then immediately turn the heat down to 140°C/gas 1. Cook for 1 hour 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and there is no pink meat. remove the herb sprigs and serve.