Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
We found this recipe on the back of a Tillamook Medium Cheddar Cheese bag, the shredded variety. We loved it. It is a simple dish. We ate it with mashed potatoes, a salad and cooked carrots. But you can pair it with whatever yoiu like to please your family's own tastes. If you don't have TIllamook cheese in your area, just use your regular brand of cheese, medium variety. We like our chicken seared before baking so I lightly browned each side of the chicken before proceeding with the baking.
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, plus
- extra salted butter, for buttering baking dish
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup tillamook finely shredded medium cheddar
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (lightly pounded to 1/4 inch thick)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly butter a medium baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over low hear.
- Stir in garlic and cook iuntil tender (2-3 minutes).
- In a shallow bowl, mix panko breadcrumbs, cheddar, Parmesan, thyme and salt and pepper.
- Dip each breast in garlic butter to coat then press into breadcrumb mixture. Turn to coat both sides.
- Arrange breasts in prepared baking dish.
- Drizzle with any remaining garlic butter and sprinkle3 ith remaining topping.
- Bake about 25-30 minutes until chicken juices run clean when pierced with a fork.
Made as posted except I put pounded coated chicken breasts onto rack hoping the bottom would crisp up but alas did not. Next time I would raise oven temperature.
Made this last night for dinner. Very good! I ran out of fresh garlic, so I added some garlic powder to the butter. Would be very good with mashed potatoes.