Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Great impression, delicious taste and so simple to prepare. The whole meal in one pot. What more can you ask for? Beware: the gravy is addictive!Although the recipe says to reduce the gravy at the end - I never was able to "give up" a drop of it.
- 1 whole chicken, cut in serving pieces
- 24 cloves garlic, whole,peeled
- 4 tomatoes, sliced in half (lengthwise)
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 potatoes, sliced in half (lengthwise)
- Season chicken and fry in hot oil until browned.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Fry garlic cloves and tomatoes (sliced side down) in remaining oil, until tomatoes are browned.
- Remove the tomatoes, setting then aside, and return the chicken to the garlic in the pan.
- Pour the wine and broth over the chicken and add the potatoes.
- Cook for about 30 minutes.
- Cover with the tomatoes and continue cooking additional 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and vegetables onto serving dish.
- Continue simmering the gravy that has accumulated in the pan, allowing it to reduce and concentrate.
- Pour the gravy over chicken and serve!