Recipe by klaasnijs
When I got tired of eating dry chicken breasts, I adapted a popular spanish tapa into a full-blown dish with savory chicken bits. Warning: not a good idea to make this before a date, unless he/she's having some with you.
Top Review by Vicki Kaye
Scrumptious! Thanks so much! I made a couple of changes. You don't say how to prepare the garlic--2 whole cloves doesn't seem like the flavor would be dispersed enough or that they would cook through. I used about 5 cloves and chopped them. We eat turkey bacon at our house, and it was delicious with it. Finally instead of a bag I find dredging the pieces in a wide bowl of the flour coats them more evenly. Thanks for an imaginative dish!
- 3 chicken breasts
- 50 g flour
- salt and pepper
- 25 g butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 75 g bacon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 glass dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley sprigs
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken breasts into even-sized cubes (1.5"x1.5" is perfect).
- Mix flour with pepper and salt (to taste). Place into a ziploc bag together with chicken cubes and shake untill all the cubes are well-covered.
- Melt butter together with olive oil in a large pan. Shake off any excess flour from the cubes and bake on each side till golden brown. Do not stir more than necessary to achieve even crust.
- Add bacon and garlic. Fry untill garlic develops aroma.
- Add wine. Let simmer untill partially reduced. Add chicken broth (NOTE: add more or less than suggested to make a thinner/thicker sauce according to liking).
- Let simmer untill chicken is done (depends on the thickness of the cubes) or untill sauce is reduced enough. Add freshly chopped parsley right before serving.
- Serve with brown rice or baked potatoes. Enjoy your juicy, garlicy chicken!