Recipe by Nurse Amanda
I took Paula Dean's garlic cheese grits recipe and doctored it to make it less ww points. I love this recipe!
- 6 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 cups quick-cooking grits
- 18 ounces Velveeta reduced fat cheese product, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup light butter
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease either a 4 quart casserole or 2 8x8 baking dishes.
- Bring the broth, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to a boil in a medium sauce pot.
- Stir in grits and whisk until smooth.
- Reduce heat and cook until thick.
- Add Velveeta and milk and stir well.
- Gradually stir in egg beater and butter.
- Pour into the baking dish and top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 45 min.-1 hour or until set.