Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 lbs catfish fillets
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and left whole
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Mix beaten egg and worcestershire sauce.
- Dip catfish fillets into egg mix, then roll in cornmeal and coat well.
- Lay them in a single layer on a sheet of wax paper.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet.
- Add the cloves of garlic and stir to blend.
- Add the fillets, one at a time.
- Brown for 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Sprinkle with pepper and serve.