Garlic Lemon Chicken Breast Fillets
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 4 chicken breast fillets, skinless
- 1 lemon
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- Juice lemon.
- Finely mince garlic.
- Combine half garlic with lemon juice.
- Using a sharp knife, slice small openings into chicken breast.
- Stuff garlic into slits in chicken.
- Baste with lemon and garlic.
- Sprinkle thyme over top, (add a little to lemon mix).
- Place onto a wire rack over a tray of water.
- Bake for approx 1 hour in moderately hot oven.Baste regularly.
- Alternatively you could prep the same and grill or bbq chicken.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I was afraid this was going to be bland, but in fact it was quite tasty. I tend to go overboard, so I did use more garlic and lemon called for. Also, I cooked it on a grill pan, which i think really helped take it to a new level. The caramelization of the juices and garlic really added an extra depth of flavor.
I made this using bone-in chicken - I lifted the skin & made small slits in the meat, and inserted the garlic. I also put some of the marinade in the pocket formed between the skin & meat. I then baked it in the oven on 175 degrees (on an oven rack). This was very very yummy, I love lemon (fave citrus), garlic & thyme (fave herb) & think they compliment each other well - I think it's a matter of personal preference to be honest. Thanks for this very easy way of cooking chicken with lots of flavour.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Mum of one, boss of the kitchen, i work in childcare so am always interested in fun healthy kids snack ideas, i like to get a little inventive in the kitchen. I enjoy golf, and quiet weekends with my family.