Recipe by Happy Harry #2
This is such a quick throw-together. Makes a great simple dish or as a side with roasted chicken. BTW, when using as a side I often add some minced fresh dill.
Top Review by Treenickel
I did this with baby new potatoes and it was pretty good actually. I liked the combination of all the flavors together. I didn't use as much sour cream as the recipe called for. It seemed like it would be too much and overwhelm the potatoes
- 5 medium baking potatoes, peeled and large diced
- 3 whole garlic cloves, peeled and slightly smashed
- 2 1⁄2 cups light sour cream, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper (optional)
- fresh dill, minced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in large enough pot to cover potatoes with water. Add the garlic and salt to pot.
- Cook until potatoes are done yet remains firm.
- Drain and return to pot (off the heat) to dry.
- Do not remove the garlic! You will find that it is a sweet surprise when you bite into it.
- Add 1/2 of sour cream to pot and fold gently.
- Add dill, if using.
- Plate and top with the remaining sour cream.
- Here's where the pepper comes in -- as a topping.
- So easy, so good!