Recipe by Mirj
This is one of my most favorite appetizers, great for serving in the summer when tomatoes are at their best. I once tripled the garlic, not very sociable!
- 1 9 inch pie shell
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup torn fresh basil leaf
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 8 ounces provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 8 ripe plum tomatoes, thinly sliced,seeded
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake the piecrust at 375 degrees 10 minutes, or until light brown.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, combine oil and garlic.
- Cook over low heat just until heated, stirring occasionally.
- Arrange half of the provolone cheese over the partially baked crust.
- Sprinkle with half of the basil and top with half of the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with half of the Parmesan cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Finally, spoon garlic mixture over pie.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is deep golden brown.
- Let stand 5 minutes.