Recipe by Sondra Beth
This a healthy, quick & easy recipe... from Ellie Krueger
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Shrimp is ordinarily not on the menu around here, so this was a special treat for us! I made a great tasting shrimp dinner for 2 with half a recipe, seasoned with lemon pepper instead of the usual S&P, & served with a combo of rice & peas! Thanks for posting your recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined (20 to 25 per pound)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes (or more)
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaf
- 1 1⁄2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Add shrimp and saute , turning over once, until just cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer with a slotted spoon to a large bowl.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes to the oil remaining in skillet and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Add wine and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- Stir in basil and tomatoes and season the sauce with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Return the shrimp to pan and cook just until heated through.