These delectable little biscuits are made from scratch (no bisquick here!) and go great with just about any dish. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2In a large bowl stir together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and cream of tartar, Throw in butter pieces and using scissors, cut them into successively smaller pieces until they are the size of small peas.
- 3Stir in shredded cheese.
- 4Add milk.
- 5Combine until mixture is completely moistened.
- 6Gather dough into a ball and knead on a generously floured board (about 12 times).
- 7With a rolling pin, roll dough 1/2 inch thick and cut into 1 1/2 inch rounds.
- 8Place 1 inch apart on greased baking sheet and bake 10-12 minutes.
- 9For you garlic-lovers, brush on more melted butter to the baked-up biscuits and sprinkle on some more garlic powder (and parsley for garnish).
- 10Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic and Sharp Cheddar Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.1
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 35.9 mg
- Sodium 543.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 6.4 g