Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
These delectable little biscuits are made from scratch (no bisquick here!) and go great with just about any dish. Enjoy!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into 3 pieces
- 2⁄3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl stir together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and cream of tartar, Throw in butter pieces and using scissors, cut them into successively smaller pieces until they are the size of small peas.
- Stir in shredded cheese.
- Add milk.
- Combine until mixture is completely moistened.
- Gather dough into a ball and knead on a generously floured board (about 12 times).
- With a rolling pin, roll dough 1/2 inch thick and cut into 1 1/2 inch rounds.
- Place 1 inch apart on greased baking sheet and bake 10-12 minutes.
- For you garlic-lovers, brush on more melted butter to the baked-up biscuits and sprinkle on some more garlic powder (and parsley for garnish).
- Serve hot.
This is epic-yummy. I love these biscuits. I did make some changes the second time I made them. I used a full cup of the sharp cheddar and 2/3 cup of monterey jack and I doubled the garlic. But the original recipe or how I made them, either way they are still awesome and tasty and you're right, they DO go great with just about anything! :D Thanks so much for posting.