Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
I came across this recipe when looking for things to make with herbs that I grow. Although I haven't made this yet I am planning on making it soon. Recipe source: local newspaper
- 3 lbs unpeeled medium shrimp
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 large head of garlic, the whole thing, peeled and separated into cloves
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 4 dried hot red chili peppers
- 3 bay leaves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails on and set aside.
- In a large skillet melt butter and oil over medium high heat. Add garlic cloves to butter/oil mixture and sauté for 2-4 minutes.
- Stir in wine and next 8 ingredients (vinegar- crushed red pepper). Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Add half of the shrimp cooking 5 minutes or until shrimp turns pink.
- Remove shrimp from pan with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Cook remaining shrimp for 5 minutes or until shrimp turns pink.
- Strain broth.
- Serve shrimp with strained broth, if desired.
This was just fabulous! I just love all the garlic and herbs. Didn`t do the salt and didn`t need it. I cut this recipe in half. The herbs I used were all fresh and the thai chili peppers came right out of the garden.I cooked the shrimp all at one time. And didn`t bother with straining all the good stuff. This is a MUST for all you shrimp and garlic lovers!