This is one of those recipes that you can taste with your imagination! I haven't made it yet, but I will soon. I just know it is going to be really yummy with my next Italian dinner!
- Starter must be proofed overnight or up to 12 hours before making bread.
- Add ingredients to bread machine in the order recommended by your machine's manufacturer.
- Select Dough cycle and start.
- When dough has finished kneading, but before it goes into the rise, remove from machine and shape into loaf or loaves.
- You could do standard loaves, or a free-form round or oval, or elongate.
- Let bread rise until double in bulk, covered.
- For a nice touch, lightly beat 1 egg white with 1 Tbsp water and brush top of loaf with this egg wash, and then sprinkle with fresh Parmesan, finely shredded.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 to 45 minutes, depending on the size of loaves.
- NOTE: Roasted garlic could be used, in which case I would increase the amount because it is milder in flavor.