Top Review by woodland hues
Since we have sweet potato rosti (#15918) all the time, thought I'd try a variation. This is really good with the pumpkin seeds, and what I'll do next time is julienne the sweet potato instead of making wedges. They were too big and chunky and the seeds and garlic kind of got lost. I'm not sure if anything can replace garlic and parmesan cheese for me though, but I am impressed with this version. Thanks!
- 4 small sweet potatoes or 4 small yams, peeled and cut into wedges (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 5 sprigs fresh oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- On a baking sheet, combine the sweet potatoes, oregano, salt, and half the oil.
- Toss well and roast for 40 minutes, or until tender and golden, flipping once halfway through.
- Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, lightly toast the pumpkin seeds over medium heat, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the garlic, lemon juice, and the remaining oil and stir together.
- Add the sweet potato wedges and toss well.