Recipe by annconnolly
Quote: "What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow." -- A. A. Milne I agree.
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 lbs red potatoes, peeled, cut into chunks
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and press the garlic; cover and set aside.
- Peel the onion, halve it and cut it into thin slices.
- Sauté the onion slices in the butter over.
- medium heat, stirring frequently, until they are nicely browned.
- Boil the potatoes until tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Mash them while they are still warm.
- In a small skillet sauté the garlic until it is golden, remove it with a slotted spoon and drain it on paper towels.
- To the potato mixture add the garlic oil, heavy cream and approximately 1/2 cup hot milk (the amount of liquid you need will vary somewhat depending on the potatoes used).
- Combine well.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the potatoes in a serving dish and top with the sautéed onion and garlic.